Bob Rice

An internationally famous speaker, musician, and writer, Bob Rice looks at the beautiful and the bizarre of life through a Catholic perspective. Also includes articles and excerpts from books he's working on.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Steubenville, Ohio, United States

My desire is to share the love of God to everyone I meet through the many gifts God has given me. My full time job is teaching evangelization and youth ministry at Franciscan University of Steubenville, OH. About two or three times a week I travel around the country proclaiming God's word or do a concert/lead worship. I've published many articles and I'm working on my first novel. 12 years ago, I married the love of my life and now we have 5 beautiful children. You can find out more about me and download lots of free stuff on my webpage- http://bob-rice.com

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I've become a nerd again...

When I was a kid, every tuesday I would go down to the Hindsale News Agency to purchase the new comic books for that week. My favorites? Fantastic Four, Spider Man, X-Men and the like. By the time I got to high school, it was a combination of out growing/they got too expensive and I would rather buy CDs. Yet I kept them all in boxes and treasured the memories.

Now I have three boys, who all love superheroes. So I've been opening up the old boxes and reading them some great stories. John, my oldest, is 7 and he's starting to read stuff on his own. Needless to say, they've been wanting to take a trip to the comic store and I kinda did, too.

So we went last Thursday and had a great "man" time. We ate food at Red Robin and hung out at the comic shop. We each got to buy one comic. Mine? There is a new limited series called "Civil War" where all the superheroes start fighting each other. IT IS SO COOL!

So it would seem I am hooked again. Last Sunday I bought some comics for the boys at our local supermarket- BUT NO MORE! I'm really going to try to this once a month thing, and let that be that. Thankfully, Civil War comes out monthly so I won't miss an episode.

My favorite superhero? Iron Man. He's got cool gadgets, and just looks awesome. We just got the "Ultimate Avengers" DVD which is a cartoon featuring Captain America, Giant Man, Wasp, Hulk, Thor, and of course... Iron Man. It is AWESOME!

I'm so glad I have three boys. But what will happen when they outgrow this? Must make more...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I protest the title of this blog...specifically, I take issue with the word *again*...come on, Bob...accept your lifelong calling...a little bit of the nerd will last forever...
...glad to hear you're having a blast with the boys...has Tom been in on any of this comic book action? it's right up his alley....

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the last line too...i laughed out loud...but it's so true...

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you ever realize that most comic book characters have a religion? that's a cool thing that is unique to comic books. I saw a whole list of them once. it said all the comic book heroes/villians and all their religions. it was cool. I think spiderman was presbytarian but that's the only one I remember.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home