Bob Rice

An internationally famous speaker, musician, and writer, Bob Rice looks at the beautiful and the bizarre of life through a Catholic perspective. Also includes articles and excerpts from books he's working on.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Steubenville, Ohio, United States

My desire is to share the love of God to everyone I meet through the many gifts God has given me. My full time job is teaching evangelization and youth ministry at Franciscan University of Steubenville, OH. About two or three times a week I travel around the country proclaiming God's word or do a concert/lead worship. I've published many articles and I'm working on my first novel. 12 years ago, I married the love of my life and now we have 5 beautiful children. You can find out more about me and download lots of free stuff on my webpage- http://bob-rice.com

Friday, January 23, 2009

We came, we saw, we marched


Or at least most people did. I made it to the Mall (the grassy area in DC, not a shopping center) with my wife Jennie, my two oldest sons, and baby girl at noon for the march. But did the march start at noon? No, that would be too easy. There were a bunch of people speaking. They said some incredible and inspiring stuff, but the baby didn’t care for them. Poor thing, she has three teeth coming in! So our “March for Life” ended up being more of a “Standing and listening for an hour for Life”, and as we left it became a “Sorry we have to leave but good luck Marching for Life”. Even though we left early, I was so happy to be there with my family and make a statement for the unborn.

It was great to see so many friends there, and an honor to be recognized by so many people! If I saw you there, you really blessed me by remembering a time you heard me play or speak somewhere. Apparently, someone gave me a shout out at the Verizon Center rally before the march in front of 22,000 people! I got about 10 consecutive text messages from people telling me about it. Very cool.

I wore a Steelers scarf and found many of the Steeler nation were in DC this weekend. I also wore a Tampa Bay Buccaneers sweatshirt and one person gave me a thumbs up. Some asked why I would wear both, and I explained it was perfectly legitimate to have a favorite AFC and NFC team. Only the Ravens fan at Potbelly Sandwich disagreed, but he still gave me ice cream.

The evening before the march the band and I played at Jesus Divine Word in Huntingtown, MD. What a great time that was. We opened with rocking music and ended in adoration, then celebrated the rest of the night with great hospitality from the pastor and parish staff. One of the joys of doing this ministry is meeting great people, and there was no shortage of them in Huntingtown. My wife and kids were there as well.

It was an amazing weekend. God bless the 300,000 of you who were there, and the many more who kept it in your prayers. But I think we have a lot more “walking” to do to bring about change in our country. Spread the word about FOCA, and pray the rosary to end abortion!



Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family and I also attended. It was a powerful experience.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home