Bob Rice

An internationally famous speaker, musician, and writer, Bob Rice looks at the beautiful and the bizarre of life through a Catholic perspective. Also includes articles and excerpts from books he's working on.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Steubenville, Ohio, United States

My desire is to share the love of God to everyone I meet through the many gifts God has given me. My full time job is teaching evangelization and youth ministry at Franciscan University of Steubenville, OH. About two or three times a week I travel around the country proclaiming God's word or do a concert/lead worship. I've published many articles and I'm working on my first novel. 12 years ago, I married the love of my life and now we have 5 beautiful children. You can find out more about me and download lots of free stuff on my webpage- http://bob-rice.com

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Conflicting Emotions




I’m not a fan of Obama. I don’t favor his economic policy (on principle, I don’t think anyone should be taxed a higher percentage than another, no matter how much they make), and I am furiously opposed to his pro-choice agenda.

So why was I so moved at the inauguration today? Because I’m an American. The fact that we can have a massive change of power without a shot being fired is amazing. The fact that we have an African American president is inspiring. His story is an example of what America is about- a symbol of hope in a despairing situation, the exact kind of image we need in these trying times.

I think it’s okay to have conflicting emotions. An African-American president is something we should all applaud. And the inauguration of a new president is a celebration, not just of an elected official, but of a country.

But at the end of the day, we are left with a president who thinks that gay marriage is the civil-rights movement of our generation, and wants to increase access and funding to abortion. So our voices must be raised. This, too, is a celebration of democracy.

I and my family will be marching in Washington on Thursday. We will march outside the windows of Obamba’s new house and peacefully protest the destruction of unborn life. I hope you can be there, if not in person then in prayer.

But there needs to be more. On the US Bishop’s webpage is a postcard to send to your elected official. You can find it HERE. You can also find out more about FOCA and other plans to increase abortion in the United States.

I’ll take some pics and post a blog when I get back. Until then, check out this brilliant pro-life commercial that someone linked to me today. May God bless America and all her citizens, born and unborn, at every stage in their life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your bobrice.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home