Bob Rice

An internationally famous speaker, musician, and writer, Bob Rice looks at the beautiful and the bizarre of life through a Catholic perspective. Also includes articles and excerpts from books he's working on.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Steubenville, Ohio, United States

My desire is to share the love of God to everyone I meet through the many gifts God has given me. My full time job is teaching evangelization and youth ministry at Franciscan University of Steubenville, OH. About two or three times a week I travel around the country proclaiming God's word or do a concert/lead worship. I've published many articles and I'm working on my first novel. 12 years ago, I married the love of my life and now we have 5 beautiful children. You can find out more about me and download lots of free stuff on my webpage- http://bob-rice.com

Sunday, June 17, 2007

New CD! Summer Conferences! Big News!

Well, it's june and we're deep into the conference season! Hello to the folks at the young adults conference, charasmatic conference, priests/deacons/seminarians conference, and the first youth conference! I'll try to give more updates during the summer. So far, it is going great. The band is a blast and the conferences have been very anointed. If you were at one, say hello!

Something that is also very exciting is the new CD I just released called "Steubenville Theme Songs". In early May, I had my song chosen as the 2008 theme song for the Steubenville Summer Conferences. I decided it would be fun to throw in on a CD that collected the other theme songs over the years. It turned out even better than I imagined. You know, there was a time I didn't want to be known as the "theme song guy"- but I think I'm a bit more at peace with stuff like that as I get older. And it is really fun to hear the songs that launched my musical career. Great memories of the conferences and the people I played with. I hope you like it, too.

Also, we (me and the Steubenville Conference Office) came up with a really fun idea: the You Tube Hand Motion Challenge. We're inviting people to come up with hand motions for the 2008 song (titled "Witness"), and put them on the web for people to vote on them. I'm really curious to see how they turn out. Could be a lot of fun (you can check them out at youtube.com/handmotionchallenge).

But the best news of all is that... WE'RE PREGNANT!!! Yep, Jennie and I are expecting our 5th child. As some of you may know, we have suffered a few miscarrages over the past years, so we didn't want to make it public until we were safely out of our first trimester. Praise God, everything is looking great. The due date is December 8th, which is also the feast of the Immaculate Conception. How cool is that? Jennie's been feeling a bit sick the past few weeks, but we are both very redicilously excited. Keep us and our new life in your prayers!

Upcoming events: More youth conferences! Jennie and my 10th anniversary! And I'm presenting at a catechetical conference in jolly old England! Lots going on, and I'll try to keep you (whoever you are) updated through all the amazing stuff that God is doing in our lives here at Steubenville, Ohio.

God bless you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob! I just attended the June 15-17 conference in Steubenville. I just wanted to say that you do an amazing job every year (this was my fourth) and I love listening to your music. You're an amazing figure to look to for faith and inspiration. Thank you for doing what you do.

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're my hero Bob. Just got back from Conference 2. I was one of the many michiganders from the detroit area to give you a "Follow Me" bracelet. We all love you; you did such an amazing job this year as always. keeping you in our prayers here. good luck w/ number five! Thanks again, you're amazing!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Bob you are my top infulence in the music I write; and play .....I just a few hours ago got home from the 3rd youth conference. I was right by the music and in the first 2 rows, it was so great being that close for the whole weekend!
I bought your new cd it is so great being able to have more of you in my music collection.
Also Congrats on the news :)
You Rock and keep rockin' for J.u.s.u.s...cause he is the best!

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob - I went to Steubenville in 2007 but couldn't come this year because I was on family vacation. First of all I want to let you know you are an awesome singer and your music is fantasitc and inspirational... so thank you. Also, I found out from my friends who did go to Steubenville this year that I am on the back of your new album! I thought that was really cool. But anyways just keep doing what you are doing, you are a powerful inspiration to all! And hopefully I'll see you at Steubie 2009!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home