Bob Rice

An internationally famous speaker, musician, and writer, Bob Rice looks at the beautiful and the bizarre of life through a Catholic perspective. Also includes articles and excerpts from books he's working on.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Steubenville, Ohio, United States

My desire is to share the love of God to everyone I meet through the many gifts God has given me. My full time job is teaching evangelization and youth ministry at Franciscan University of Steubenville, OH. About two or three times a week I travel around the country proclaiming God's word or do a concert/lead worship. I've published many articles and I'm working on my first novel. 12 years ago, I married the love of my life and now we have 5 beautiful children. You can find out more about me and download lots of free stuff on my webpage- http://bob-rice.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Kim got married! And it's a...

I am very excited to announce that last Friday, my sister Kim got married! She's been dating Bob for a while now (a few years?) and we are totally excited to have him be officially part of the family. He has a daughter named Summer who is John's age, and all our kids love. So congradulations to Bob and Kim! Welcome to the family!

Speaking of family, Jennie and I just went to the ultrasound to see the baby. We went to one of those 3-D things, it was pretty cool! As opposed to a 2-D image that looks like a blob, this machine makes a 3-D image that looks like a blob in 3-D. I'll put pictures up when they are available. But most importantly, now we know the gender of the child. It's a GIRL! Yes, the Rice famliy is becoming more feminine as it gets older, it seems.

Speaking of being feminine, I'm afraid that I'm becoming slightly more Europe, or at least that's what I was accused of receintly. I was getting out of my Mini Cooper wearing a soccer jersey, and someone asked me where I was from in Europe. In my defence, it was a US soccer team. But then I thought about how I'm in to cycling, soccer, and I suddenly have the urge to not bomb something. Am I becoming like them? Thank God the football season is about to begin. That should toughen me up.

Speaking of being tough, I ran 15 miles yesterday. 15 miles! I mentioned this to a parish in Manchester, NH that I've been speaking to for the past few nights, and I had to beg them to respond. I mean, this is a big deal. I ran for 2 1/2 hours. But what is scarier is that for the marathon, I'm going to have to run another 2 hours. Why am I doing this again? Oh, that's right- because my sister asked me to.

Speaking of my sister, did I mention she got married on Friday? It was really cool.

3 Comments:

Blogger TheGerman said...

bob....

congratulations to your sister on her wedding and to you and Jen for your baby girl on the way!

it's good to see you are writing again. I hadn't checked your site in a while because the content wasn't changing much...so I was pleasantly surprised to see the site updates and all the new blog entries...looks pretty snazy...

is it weird that your sister married a man named Bob? that would feel strange to me if my sister dated a guy named Karsten...but I suppose that's much less likely

Your family looks great...and Kolbe looks huge...all your kids seem to grow up fast when I only see them every so often...

I'm continuously amazed at your athletic endeavors...it still just doesn't jive with the Bob I knew from LifeTeen, but that's ok...15 miles is impressive, no matter what anyone else says

later,
karsten

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Bob,
Congrats on your sisters wedding. That's a beautiful picture. Where was that taken. It's so pretty but it looks so familiar!

Congrats on running... it's not that fun for me but I look up to those who can do it!! Take care!
God

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats sposed to say God bless.... it didn't take. sorry!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home