Bob Rice

An internationally famous speaker, musician, and writer, Bob Rice looks at the beautiful and the bizarre of life through a Catholic perspective. Also includes articles and excerpts from books he's working on.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Steubenville, Ohio, United States

My desire is to share the love of God to everyone I meet through the many gifts God has given me. My full time job is teaching evangelization and youth ministry at Franciscan University of Steubenville, OH. About two or three times a week I travel around the country proclaiming God's word or do a concert/lead worship. I've published many articles and I'm working on my first novel. 12 years ago, I married the love of my life and now we have 5 beautiful children. You can find out more about me and download lots of free stuff on my webpage- http://bob-rice.com

Sunday, August 05, 2007

The New London Triathlon

Today, I and my sister Kim did the New London Triathlon in New Hampshire. For the long time readers of my blog, you'll remember that I did this race last year, and it was the first athletic event that I ever did. How did I do then? Well, I finished, and that was the point. But truth be told, I came in dead last, except for a guy named Richard Simek who didn't even finish the race, and some older ladies. Not much consolation there.

But today, I found redemption.

Last year I did the 3 mile run, 6 mile bike, and 1/4 mile swim in 1 hour, 11 minutes, and 34 seconds. This year's time: 53 minutes and 22 seconds! I was only a person away from being in the top third!

VICTORY!

But then I had a crazy allergy attack, and spent the rest of the day sneezing, on the verge of sneezing, or sleeping off a benedryl high. Still, it was a good day.

Kim let me run without her- she wasn't feelling as in shape as she did last year. We're training together for the Chicago Marathon, which is the next big athletic event. But for now, I'm relishing in my run and eating cookies my wife made for me. Life is good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan Bozek said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Dan Bozek said...

You didn't do all of that wearing jeans did you?! That would be, well, unfortunate...

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I would definitely fall behind the old ladies.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home