Bob Rice

An internationally famous speaker, musician, and writer, Bob Rice looks at the beautiful and the bizarre of life through a Catholic perspective. Also includes articles and excerpts from books he's working on.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Steubenville, Ohio, United States

My desire is to share the love of God to everyone I meet through the many gifts God has given me. My full time job is teaching evangelization and youth ministry at Franciscan University of Steubenville, OH. About two or three times a week I travel around the country proclaiming God's word or do a concert/lead worship. I've published many articles and I'm working on my first novel. 12 years ago, I married the love of my life and now we have 5 beautiful children. You can find out more about me and download lots of free stuff on my webpage- http://bob-rice.com

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Strep Throat and New Mexico

I had strep throat last week, and it was one of the worst experiences of my life.

I've actually never had that before. I was really tired last Wednesday so I took a nap and woke up with a 102.5 degree fever. I had to cancel classes and back out on playing worship music at the Steubenville Going Deeper Conference in Phily (but the Worship Band did great without me! Great job guys!). I slept on and off, and it felt like it took a solid week off of my life.

But the good news was that I got better in time for one of my favorite ministry events- a youth conference in El Paso. Fr. Stan Fortuna, Matt Smith, and I got to share our faith with some of the most awesome people in the country. I want to give a shout out to all the amazing teens and college leaders who were so active in running the weekend (it was great to be a part of Milligan's Island), and the adults (esp. Hector) who make it happen, and are cool enough to keep inviting me back.

I also want to say hi to Rudy, whose name I was supposed to say from the stage, but forgot.

During my sickness and travels, Chris Padgett and I have been text messaging band names back and forth for our upcoming project, and we'll announce it very soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And dont forget Tacho, hopefully Captian Obvious will fall threw

-love
Your Captian
(Andrew Gemoets)

[img]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8/Drifterx5g/PICT3252.jpg[/img]

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved your talks and expeciallly watching be play Milligan i hope you had a great time here

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bob!

Thank You sooo much for coming and spending time with us. It was so great to have you back and I really enjoyed singing along side you. I hope you'll join us again next year. Thank you again and God Bless-Stephanie.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home